Zambia & Madagascar | Time + Tide, Miavana
I’m thrilled to take you on a journey around the world to the countries of Zambia and Madagascar today. While most safari goers think first of South Africa or maybe Kenya – Zambia offers a wilder experience. One where you can dip your toes in the sand of the African bush, experience wildlife eye to eye, and immerse yourself in untouched wilderness.
Then trading one wild place for another, you can fly to Madagascar to enjoy one of the most luxurious private islands in the world, while catching glimpses of lemurs, baobab trees, and chameleons.
Joining us today is Bruce Simpson – CEO of Time + Tide in Zambia and Miavana in Madagascar. In his career Bruce has done everything from guiding in South Africa to managing a private island in the Seychelles. His journey from guide to CEO means that he has more stories to tell than we could cover on this show!
We discuss sleeping under the stars, how Time + Tide gets its guests truly immersed in nature, and touching stories from everyday people.
Listen to hear:
- 02:21 – What Bruce’s favorite spot in Africa is
- 04:27 – Why Zambia has its own signature
- 09:06 – About the uniqueness of Madagascar
- 13:01 – What the best time to visit is
- 16:31 – How the safari locations differ from one another
- 23:06 – What the differences between the two regions are
- 28:11 – About an adventurous wildlife experience
- 32:56 – What makes the whole stay worthwhile
- 36:44 – Why the property allows kids
- 39:57 – About his favorite memory of a past guest
- 42:56 – What you will learn about the world after visiting Time + Tide
Listener Exclusive Amenities
Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
Daily Breakfast (included in rates)
$100 USD equivalent Resort or Hotel credit to be utilized during stay (not combinable, not valid on room rate, no cash value if not redeemed in full)
Early Check-In / Late Check-Out, subject to availability
A complementary Miavana Villa massage