Windstar Cruises | Chris Prelog
Our guest today is Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises – a small ship cruise line that focuses on sailing vessels… yes.. With actual sails!
Imagine yourself on deck of one of these magical ships, pulling out of port, the 1492 Conquest of Paradise song playing, sails unrolling, and heading into the open ocean. What nostalgia for a time gone by!
Except on Windstar you’re also met with every modern comfort, fabulous destinations like Tahiti, The Black Sea, Iceland, and the Mediterranean, and an in depth exploration of the world.
Chris and I chat about the special bonds formed between guests and crew members on small ship sailings, the role of communities in sustainability, and the massive operation behind a sailing vessel this large.
Listen to hear:
- 01:58 – About Chris’ favorite spot on one of Windstar’s ships
- 02:42 – What the history behind their sailing activity is
- 04:26 – How he started and evolved in this industry
- 06:17 – Why a moment gave him a new perspective on sailing
- 07:31 – About the logistics and the experience of sailing
- 11:05 – What the insider details and the new technology behind the ships are
- 13:22 – How they explore the Black sea
- 15:34 – Why you can experience Alaska from a different perspective
- 17:34 – What his favorite itinerary is
- 20:50 – How they maintain sustainability while cruising
- 24:02 – What the active travelers can expect during their journeys
- 26:37 – How the crew goes above and beyond for their guests, and a favorite memory of one
- 32:35 – About Chris’ top choices on and off deck
- 35:24 – What you will learn about the world after taking a sailing trip
Listener Exclusive Amenities
A $50pp SBC from 02/23 – 05/30 2022