I’m so thrilled today to be speaking with travel Guru, Wendy Perrin. When I first met Wendy, I was totally fan-girling, and was even more surprised when I asked her to come on the show and she enthusiastically and quickly said.. Yes!
I’ve since found that this enthusiasm defines Wendy. From her desire to help promote travel, to excitement about learning new things, to helping people of all backgrounds and statures.
If you haven’t heard of Wendy, she had an illustrious 25 year career at Conde Nast Traveler, is a published author, and runs WendyPerrin.com. She is renowned for her encyclopedic knowledge of travel and of course willingness to share.
Wendy and I talk about why travel is so important in this day and age, some upcoming trends to look out for, and share our favorite destinations, hotels, and splurge-worthy experiences.
Listen to hear:
- 02:15 – About Wendy’s WOW travel moment
- 05:05 – What the story of her first travel experience is
- 08:02 – How she decided to study literature and history
- 10:17 – Why she is deeply involved in the travel industry
- 13:49 – What her unique skill that makes her a travel guru is
- 17:21 – How can the pandemic change the travel for better
- 22:35 – About the trends in the industry
- 24:32 – How travel has been changed by the Millennials
- 26:41 – What the most intriguing destinations for 2022 are
- 29:04 – How going back to crowded ships and cruises can be controlled
- 30:30 – About Wendy’s choices on top three luxury hotels in the world
- 36:51 – What her favorite destination for families is
- 39:43 – How you can learn some tips and tricks on travel
- 44:59 – About her most fascinating historical destination
- 48:45 – What you will learn about the world after traveling