Washington DC | The Hay-Adams
Today we are visiting the Capitol of the United States, Washington DC! The city is our government’s seat of power, yes, but it is also so much more. This is a place where history is palpable. Where great ideas became great institutions. And despite what might be boiling in the outside world, here, you can still find a sense of hope.
I’m chatting today with Nicolas Beliard, the General Manager of The Hay-Adams. The property sits literally… right next to the White House and its location is famous for having been a hub of intellectual activity for more than 100 years.
Nicolas and I talk about everything from great spots to get out and go hiking, to the best museums, to The Hay-Adams’ history and famous past guests.
Thank you to our sponsor for this episode, Cozy Earth.
Listen to hear:
- 02:01 – About Nicolas’ favorite view on the property
- 02:55 – How the neighborhoods here have different vibes
- 06:05 – What the spots you can discover by wandering are
- 07:43 – How the culture of the city is cultivated
- 08:59 – Why you should discover the nature of Washington DC
- 10:52 – About the 100th years history of The Hay-Adams
- 14:04 – Who Nicolas’ favorite historical figure on the property is
- 18:31 – What the details and the inspiration behind the design of the hotel are
- 21:52 – How The Hay-Adams keeps the spirit alive
- 24:17 – What the activities they offer to guests are
- 27:09 – Why he has a special memory of past guests
- 29:52 – About Nicolas’ favorite choices on and off property
- 34:33 – What you will learn about the world by visiting The Hay-Adams, and Washington DC
Listener Exclusive Amenities
Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
Daily Breakfast for up to two guests per bedroom
$100 USD equivalent Food & Beverage credit to be utilized during stay (not combinable, not valid on room rate, no cash value if not redeemed in full)
Early Check-In / Late Check-Out, subject to availability