Virtuoso | CEO, Matthew Upchurch
Joining us today for the second time is Matthew Upchurch, one of the most influential people in the world of luxury travel, and the CEO of Virtuoso. Last time Matthew joined us, we had an insightful conversation about the history of travel, so this time around I thought we’d focus on the future of travel.
We delve into topics as diverse as AI, the impact of technology on trust, the richness of having friends around the world, intergenerational collaboration, and more.
Listen to hear:
- 02:05 – About Matthew’s vision of his favorite destination in the future
- 04:52 – How the change in flexible work locations will change the face of travel
- 09:54 – Why creating unique experiences in overcrowded tourist hotspots matters
- 18:01 – What is the development trend in hotels’ prices and conditions
- 22:26 – How the AI tools influence the travel industry
- 32:26 – About the new technologies impact on the future travel experience
- 37:20 – Why certain expeditions might develop further
- 45:22 – How the current situation in travel will be reflected in the future
- 48:19 – About a few other potential shocks in the travel industry
- 55:09 – What will travel teach us about the world and humanity