Versailles | Airelles Château de Versailles, Le Grand Contrôle
Imagine yourself standing in a huge square… light glinting off gilded gates adorned with sun shaped medallions. The scent of lemon trees and orange blossoms fills the air. You’re surrounded by the spirit of some of the most important historical figures who have ever lived.
When you realize you’re not in a dream, you’ll see that you’re standing at the Palace of Versaille. And shortly thereafter, be whisked away to a private 12 room hotel on the grounds of the palace called Le Grand Contrôle.
Our guest today, is Julien Révah, the General Manager of this new experience from Airelles. When staying with Julien and his team, you’ll have access to after hours tours of the palace and private tours of the Petit Trianon.
Julien and I chat about the restoration of this wing of Versailles, the amazing experiences you can have (think: Versailles period costume dinners!), and how this nook of the world played a part in changing history.
Listen to hear:
- 02:06 – What Julien’s favorite spot on the property is
- 04:18 – About the Versailles area, in depth and in relation to Paris
- 06:55 – How the Versailles palace had a role in shaping the world history
- 11:12 – Which historical royal figure had the biggest impact on Versailles
- 12:53 – Who Julien’s favorite historical character who visited the palace is
- 15:23 – How the dream of building a hotel inside the palace became a reality
- 19:05 – About a few stories of the details in the Versailles palace
- 21:58 – What a “day in the life” of a hotel guest looks like
- 27:15 – About Julien’s behind the scenes experiences, and a few of his favorite choices
- 34:26 – How he defines the most uniquely local custom
- 36:04 – What you will learn about the world by visiting Airelles Château de Versailles, Le Grand Contrôle
Listener Exclusive Amenities
Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
Daily breakfast for up to two guests per bedroom
$100 USD equivalent in local currency Food & Beverage credit to be utilized during stay (not combinable, not valid on room rate, no cash value if not redeemed in full)
Early check-in / Late check-out, subject to availability