Vermont | Twin Farms
We’re headed to the countryside today, deep in the heart of Vermont to chat with John Graham, the Managing Director of Twin Farms.
Thinking of Vermont conjures up images of fall foliage glinting fiery orange, red, and gold. You might also smell sweet maple syrup or warm apple cider, and imagine yourself in an historic general store, covered bridge, or barn.
At Twin Farms, one of the most talked about hotels in America, you can experience all this and much more. The 300 acres making up the farm was purchased in the 20s by Nobel Prize winning author, Sinclair Lewis as a wedding present for his journalist wife, Dorothy Thompson. Their story and the story of owners before and after – add to the charm of the experience.
John and I discuss hidden secrets about the property, what Vermont is like in spring, and how this little farm in the middle of nowhere offers some of the most luxurious service on the continent.
Listen to hear:
- 02:06 – About John’s favorite spot on the property
- 04:09 – What makes Vermont so special
- 08:04 – Who the historical figure on the property was
- 11:34 – How he maintains the excellence as an entrepreneur and hotelier
- 13:58 – About the design and the art of the property
- 18:27 – What is behind the personalized dining experience
- 23:13 – About John’s favorites on Twin Farms
- 28:38 – What you will learn about the world after visiting Twin Farms
Listener Exclusive Amenities
Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability (Since all rooms are unique and clients may have specific preferences, they will be shown the room booked for them but given the choice of an upgrade)
Full Breakfast (included in the rates)
Twin Farms Farm-to-Table Gift Set (value of $140 USD)
Early Check-In / Late Check-Out, subject to availability
$100 Reserve Wine Credit