Vermejo Park Ranch | MD, Jade McBride
Jade McBride, the Managing Director of Ted Turner Reserves and GM of Vermejo Park Ranch.
Vermejo is set on 550,000 acres in Northern New Mexico on a spectacularly beautiful and diverse reserve. Here you can head out on adventures around property to go hiking, fly fishing, or see wildlife like bison, elk, and black bears. Then after it all, you can come back to the lodge, enjoy a world class dinner with a fine wine, and tell stories of your day around the fireplace. This is truly where adventure meets luxury.
Jade himself has had a storied career in luxury travel – having also worked at some of the best properties in the United States including The Ranch at Rock Creek and Amangiri. We discuss the property of course, but also his interesting philosophies about the team and how he’s built a culture at Vermejo – and how that inevitably affects the guest experience. We also talk about Ted Turner’s love for conservation, some wow experiences, and other cool insider tips.
Listen to hear about:
- 2:05- How Jade came to join the Ted Turner organization to develop Vermejo
- 4:29 – Why Jade’s past experience as a Mayor helps him to create an amazing guest experience
- 6:56 – How Ted Turner and Vermejo saved an endangered species of fish and built their habitat by putting in 18 years of effort.
- 10:24 – Why team members love their jobs at the property, and how that rubs off on your experience
- 15:45 – Details of an unforgettable proposal on this private “national park”
- 22:10 – What awaits you at Vermejo, from wildlife experiences, to fly fishing, to ATVing
- 25:59 – How the property stands out from other luxury lodges in the U.S.
- 27:28 – What you’ll learn about the world by a visit to this slice of heaven
Listener Exclusive Amenities
Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
Complimentary buffet breakfast daily (included in rates)
$100 USD Resort/Hotel credit to be utilized during stay (credit is per reservation, not transferable, not valid on room rate, no cash value if not redeemed in full)
Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability
Virtuoso Castle Rock Sundowner: includes cocktails for up to 4 guests at Castle Rock viewpoint. (A $350 value.)
Personal Welcome from Jade McBride or GM