Tuscany | Lupaia
Today we’re jetting off to Tuscany – land of rolling green hills, Brunello di Montalcino, and of course those gorgeous hilltop towns that seem so sweetly frozen in time. Our journey takes us to a gorgeous farmstead spitting distance from Montepulciano to chat with friends, and the owners of the famed Lupaia boutique hotel.
Heidi and Christopher Mueller have been dreaming up their perfect spot in Italy for decades. After visiting over 60 properties in the surrounding regions they finally settled on this 17th century outcropping and transformed it into a truly magical place.
We chat about everything from the renaissance battles between Siena and Florence, to the local Tuscan cheeses, to how the couple hand picked every detail in Lupaia.
Listen to hear:
- 02:00 – About their favorite spot on the property
- 03:10 – How they kept the spirit of Tuscany reflected in Lupaia
- 08:04 – Which historical characters influenced this place
- 09:14 – About their journey in finding the perfect property
- 12:19 – How the parts of the Tuscany region differ
- 15:21 – Why the Tuscan culture is a unique one
- 17:18 – What holds the name Lupaia
- 18:03 – About the stories and the design of the property
- 24:59 – How they welcome new guests into their home
- 27:18 – Which activities you can experience here
- 30:03 – About Lupaia’s philosophy on food and food waste
- 32:32 – Why they have a special memory of a past guest
- 33:58 – About their favorite choices on and off property
- 40:20 – What you will learn about the world and humanity after visiting Lupaia
Listener Exclusive Amenities
A complimentary activity of choice: Truffle Hunt, E-Bikes for a day or a Private Wine Tasting in their wine room