Sea Song | Owner, Karen Fedorko Sefer
Today we’re discussing the country of Turkey – a land that has been at the crossroads of ideals both Eastern and Western, for thousands of years. While the country is known for its historical sites in Istanbul like the Hagia Sofia, and it’s Instagram perfect photos of hot air balloons in Cappadocia – there is so much more depth to explore.
From enjoying the Aegean Sea by Gulet, to sipping on world class wines, to taking a roadtrip through tiny villages, or getting off the beaten path to visit the ancient ruins of Troy – Turkey will surprise you at every turn.
Our guest today is my friend Karen Fedorko Sefer who by a turn of fate moved to Turkey 25 years ago and has assembled and trained some of the best guides in the country. Karen’s company, Sea Song Tours, gets our clients access to behind the scenes experiences at some of Turkey’s most famous landmarks.
Karen and I discuss Turkish culture, up and coming destinations, and of course the mind-blowing history of this fantastic destination.
Listen to hear:
- 02:24 – Karen talk about the different regions of Turkey
- 03:48 – Why she decided to move to Turkey
- 05:49 – Who will love visiting the country
- 06:57 – About some special, authentic experiences
- 08:40 – Why the Turkish people are so genuine
- 10:26 – What the new trends that travelers are requesting are
- 12:30 – About Turkey’s special wine regions, indigenous grapes, and the history behind it
- 16:54 – Why you must take a Gulet while visiting Turkey
- 23:52 – About the history of the chapels and caves in Cappadocia
- 28:33 – What you will learn about the world after visiting Turkey
Listener Exclusive Amenities
Lunch with Karen in the old city of Istanbul