The Goring | CEO, Jeremy Goring
My guest today is Jeremy Goring, the CEO of the famous Goring Hotel in London.
While the property is a true five star gem and impeccably English, it is also the only remaining family run luxury hotel in London. Built by Jeremy’s great grandfather, Otto in 1910 – the hotel has played host to every British monarch and every prime minister since.
When you stay at the Goring you’ll be pampered with some of the best service in the world, experience one of the largest private gardens in London, and soak up the history with a cocktail before dining in a Michelin starred restaurant.
Jeremy and I discuss the property’s famous sheep, Her Majesty the Queen, riding in the Cardinal-mobile behind the Pope, and many more fun stories from the hotel.
Listen to hear:
- 01:59 – What Jeremy’s favorite view from the property is
- 03:19 – How it all began with his great grandfather
- 05:00 – Why Jeremy continued running the property
- 06:09 – About his memories of the hotel from his childhood
- 09:36 – What the role of the hotel in world war II was
- 11:39 – About the Duchess Kate Middleton’s stay on the property
- 12:58 – How the details shape the property
- 14:30 – What the story behind the famous Goring sheep is
- 17:45 – About the location and the neighborhood of the property
- 19:08 – What kind of experience is offered to the guests of the Goring
- 21:30 – How you can enjoy the activities on and around the property
- 28:02 – About the story of “midnight blue” in one of the rooms
- 29:52 – What you will learn about the world after visiting the Goring Hotel
Listener Exclusive Amenities
Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
Continental breakfast daily for two guests per bedroom
$100 USD Equivalent Food & Beverage credit in The Goring Dining Room (not combinable, no cash value if not redeemed in full. Excludes room service and the Goring Bar)
Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability