French Polynesia | The Brando
Today we travel to a private atoll in French Polynesia called Tetiaroa. Here you’ll find The Brando, a world famous resort composed of 35 luxury villas surrounded by a sparkling turquoise lagoon.
The island was bought decades ago by Marlon Brando, who once said “Tetiaroa is beautiful beyond my capacity to describe.” So if this island left a famous actor completely speechless, imagine what it will do for you.
Years later as the resort was developed, Brando’s deep passion for the island and early focus on sustainability has made the resort not only beautiful, but also completely sustainable.
Our guest today is Silvio Bion, who has been managing the property since the very beginning. We discuss everything from the early days of constructing The Brando, to the special spirit of Tetiaroa, to the warm heart of the people.
Listen to hear:
- 02:09 – What Silvio’s favorite spot on the property is
- 02:55 – Why the destination is so special
- 05:25 – How the island is connected to Marlon Brando
- 10:04 – About Marlon Brando’s passion for conservation
- 11:59 – Why the beginning of The Brando is so memorable
- 13:58 – What some behind the scenes stories are
- 16:59 – About the layout of the property
- 19:44 – What type of activities The Brando has to offer
- 25:43 – How celebrities are enjoying the island
- 27:22 – About the unique species and cultures on the island
- 31:45 – What you will learn about the world after visiting The Brando
Listener Exclusive Amenities
Upgrades are not applicable with this participant
Daily Buffet breakfast (included in rates)
100 EURO Resort/Hotel credit per villa to be utilized during stay (cannot be used at Hinerava Pearl Shop, not combinable, not valid on room rate, no cash value if not redeemed in full, cannot be deducted from tips)
Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability