The Amalfi Coast | Le Sirenuse
Today we’re whisking you off to the Amalfi Coast to soak up la dolce vita. This little corner of the world boasts colorful villages clinging to the cliffs, spectacular coastal views, gorgeously prepared local foods, and a sparkle that’s just hard to put into words.
Joining me today are father and son, my friends Antonio and Francesco Sersale. The Sersale’s own the iconic Positano hotel, Le Sirenuse. But more than that, I love that they are passionate about hospitality, family, and all the little details that take a trip from great to absolutely unforgettable.
We talk about everything from the development of the Amalfi Coast as a tourist destination, to the crazy parties thrown by their uncle Aldo, to soaking up the sun and learning how to enjoy life.
Listen to hear:
- 02:17 – About Antonio’s favorite spot on the property
- 03:22 – What the story of their “favorite” historical character in the Sersale family is
- 06:33 – How Positano looked like during and post-war
- 08:12 – Why his family played a big role in Positano’s history
- 10:31 – How the culture and the cuisine here differs from the rest of Italy
- 13:34 – What and where is best to go during the summer season
- 18:02 – Who named the family home Le Sirenuse
- 23:04 – How designers and craftsmen worked on this property
- 27:06 – What a day out on the water looks like for the guests
- 29:57 – About their favorite choices here
- 36:15 – What you will learn about the world after visiting Le Sirenuse
Listener Exclusive Amenities
Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
Daily breakfast for up to two guests per bedroom
$100 USD equivalent Spa Credit to be utilized during stay (not applicable towards spa retail items, not combinable, no cash value if not redeemed in full)
Complimentary welcome bottle of Italian Spumante
Early Check-In / Late Check-Out, subject to availability
A glass of champagne with dinner at La Sponda or Aldo’s Bar
A selection of home-made cakes and pastries for two as an additional welcome amenity