Thailand | Expert panel
We’re shaking it up today with a panel of experts on one of my favorite countries, Thailand! Together we’ll explore the bustling capital of Bangkok, stunning national parks, and the culture of this fascinating country.
Our guests today are: James Beard Award Winning Chef, Andy Ricker, who lives in Chiang Mai and is an expert in Northern Thai cuisine. Oh, and he showed Anthony Bourdain around the area in an episode of Parts Unknown.
Next we have Ake Rittinapakorn, who is a scholar and expert in Southeast Asian arts, antiques, and textiles, and can get our clients access to a royal family private retreat.
Finally, Belinda Shillcock, expert on all up and coming destinations in Thailand and the regional managing director for Abercrombie & Kent, overseeing all of Southeast Asia.
What I love about this episode is hearing these three souls speak passionately about food, tourism, and arts – and use their respective mediums to dive deep into the heart of what Thailand is all about. I learned a lot about how to be a true traveler from this episode, and I hope you do too.
Listen to hear:
- 02:16 – About Belinda’s favorite view from her spot in Thailand
- 04:43 – Why Thailand should be on top of your list of travel
- 07:48 – What made Andy fall in love with Thailand and Thai cuisine
- 10:02 – How Ake got interested and became expert on textiles
- 12:58 – What some off the beaten path experiences are
- 15:39 – How the presence of the royal family impacted the Thai culture
- 20:35 – About the unique Thai culture and traits
- 25:52 – What the best way to experience the culture through food is
- 29:52 – How chef Andy and Anthony Bourdain spend time together
- 36:04 – Why Bangkok is a great city to visit
- 40:57 – What their favorite memories of past guests are
- 48:15 – About their local tips, preferences, and favorite activities
- 54:14 – What you will learn about the world after visiting Thailand