Taiwan | Expert Panel
Today we are visiting a magical island, only the size of Maryland, that boasts snow capped mountains, gorgeous tropical beaches, hundreds of hot springs, and some of the best food on the planet.
Joining me to chat all things Taiwan are three local experts. My partner in the region, Wendy Kung, from WildTaiwan – who incidentally literally wrote the Lonely Planet on Taiwan; Vivi Chang who has lived both in Taiwan and in the West and is a local tech expert and entrepreneur; and Abus Istasipal who comes from one of the indigenous communities in Taiwan and is a local filmmaker.
We talk about everything from ancient languages, to current pop culture, to trends in cuisine.
Listen to hear:
- 02:15 – What Vivi’s view from her favorite spot in Taiwan is
- 03:37 – Wendy’s intro on our other guests, Vivi and Abus
- 05:46 – How Taiwan has different layers of nature
- 09:25 – Why you should put Taiwan on your bucket list
- 13:24 – About the Taiwanese cuisine, and its variety
- 20:20 – What the history of Taiwan is
- 22:36 – About its indigenous communities
- 27:44 – How to experience the unique activities offered here
- 32:48 – Why pop culture is more than popular art
- 39:31 – What their favorite memories of past guests are
- 47:41 – About their favorite choices in Taiwan
- 51:28 – What you will learn about the world and humanity after visiting Taiwan
Listener Exclusive Amenities
A signed copy by Wendy Kung of the Lonely Planet, written by her
Movable Type Stamp with your name