Switzerland | Mario Wuersch
Today we’re touching down in the Alps… the Swiss Alps to be precise. In this most stunning of landscapes we’ll encounter over 7,000 lakes, four different spoken languages, some of the world’s best chocolate, and an abundance of charming villages and towns.
Switzerland is a mecca for cultural tourists, spa goers, and anyone who appreciates the majestic outdoors.
My guest today is Mario Wuersch, Swiss himself and an expert in luxury travel to the country. Mario’s company has been around since 1865 and we discuss what travel was like back then, how it’s evolved, and discover some insider tips about visiting.
Listen to hear:
- 02:19 – About Mario’s favorite spot in the country
- 04:07 – What type of travel was popular in the early 20th century
- 06:18 – How you can discover the many layers of Switzerland
- 07:46 – Why the Swiss Culture is unique, and should be on your wishlist
- 11:53 – What the popular and off the beaten path places are
- 14:30 – About the Swiss side of the Alps
- 17:24 – How you can travel Switzerland by train
- 20:00 – What the coolest outdoor experience here is
- 23:35 – Why the country is as a wellness destination
- 24:57 – What Mario’s favorite memory of a past guest is
- 28:46 – About the most underrated part in Switzerland
- 30:24 – How Mario decides on his favorite Swiss choices
- 36:04 – What you will learn about the world by visiting Switzerland
Listener Exclusive Amenities
A Swiss Army knife Classic SD as a welcome gift