Suffolk, England | Wilderness Reserve
Today we’re heading to the county of Suffolk in Eastern England, otherwise known as the forgotten county. While not a lot of tourists visit this area, it is chock full of beautiful nature reserves and is known for historical ruins and quaint seaside towns.
My guest today is Harry Hunt, whose family owns a jewel of a property set on 8,000 acres of preserved nature. Wilderness Reserve is decidedly not a hotel, but rather a collection of historical buildings fully renovated into villas and homes that will invoke the countryside getaway of your dreams.
Harry and I talk about everything from fish and chips to gorgeous dinners set up in the forest, to how the family is focused on conserving the land through tourism.
Listen to hear:
- 02:02 – What Harry’s favorite spot at the property is
- 02:47 – About the overview of the region
- 03:07 – Why you should put Suffolk on your travel list
- 06:18 – What the original vision behind the Wilderness Reserve was
- 10:00 – How the property is structured
- 14:37 – What makes the land so special
- 17:22 – About a few exclusive details on the property
- 19:10 – What activities for guest Wilderness Reserve has to offer
- 21:09 – Why you should have a culinary experience here
- 24:10 – How he has a favorite memory of a past guest
- 24:58 – About Harry’s favorite choices in Suffolk
- 29:32 – What you will learn about the world after visiting Wilderness Reserve
Listener Exclusive Amenities
A complimentary 60-minute signature Wilderness Reserve massage