Soneva | Owner, Sonu Shivdasani
If you’ve ever enjoyed a luxury, wellness, or sustainable travel experience – chances are that experience was shaped by the vision of today’s guest.
Sonu Shivdasani is the owner & CEO of Soneva Resorts in the Maldives and Thailand, and the founder of Six Senses Resorts. The ideas that he’s developed over the last 25 years have forever impacted the face of luxury travel.
Now as for Soneva Resorts – they are some of the finest island resorts in the world. Complete with over water bungalows, water slides, chocolate rooms, and advanced astronomy equipment.
Sonu shares with me some insightful tidbits on what true luxury means for the modern traveler, the crazy story behind leasing his first island in his mid-20s, and how personal crisis has shaped today’s experience at Soneva Resorts.
Listen to hear:
- 02:03 – What Sonu’s view from his favorite spot on the property is
- 05:04 – About his personal story as an entrepreneur supporting sustainability in the Maldives
- 11:31 – Why and how Sonu built Six Senses, and why he sold it
- 18:00 – How luxury is a philosophy of rare experiences
- 23:55 – How a personal crisis gave Sonu a new perspective on life, personally and professionally
- 28:19 – About the rooftop slides on the villas in Soneva
- 31:37 – Why the solidarity he felt on the island is one of his favorite memories
- 36:14 – What you will learn about the world after visiting the Maldives
Listener Exclusive Amenities
Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
Daily Buffet breakfast, for two guests per bedroom
$100 USD equivalent Food & Beverage credit to be utilized during stay
Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability
A Sunset Dolphin Safari for 2 (shared excursion)
Bookings of a 3 Bedroom Villa and above will receive resort credit (food & beverage) at $500 USD net per stay.
With a minimum 5 night stay guests also receive:
- Shoreline Beach dinner
- Flavorful cuisine cooking class for two
With a minimum 4 night stay, guests will also receive:
- Beach dinner for two, once during stay
- Koh Kood discovery trip
- Thai cuisine cooking class for two with Khun Benz, once during stay