Ski Travel | Rick Reichsfeld & Olympian Richelle Blanken
Today… we’re going skiing! And not just in Colorado, or Utah, or California – but all over the world from Chile, to Japan, to Italy and France.
Our guests today are the brother and sister team, Rick Reichsfeld and Richelle Blanken. The duo grew up skiing competitively, both raced in college, and then Richelle even raced professionally. When Richelle left the national team – brother and sister teamed up to find a way to make a living from helping others experience the joy of skiing around the world.
We discuss everything from their best tips for families to their favorite destinations, ski runs, and craziest après-ski parties.
If you’re a ski lover, this is an episode you don’t want to miss!
Listen to hear:
- 01:42 – What Rick & Richelle favorite spots are
- 04:45 – How skiing can offer a unique perspective on life
- 06:37 – About some behind the scenes stories from the Olympics that most people don’t know
- 08:55 – How they were inspired to continue their skiing journey
- 15:05 – What the most underrated skiing destination in Europe is
- 16:29 – About the best skiing experience for beginners and for party people
- 20:09 – How you can get your kids interested in this sport
- 21:24 – What the special places for people who are advanced and adventurous are
- 23:50 – Why you should hire a travel advisor to plan your next skiing trip
- 30:08 – About a special memory of a past guest
- 32:48 – How Rick & Richelle decide on their ski favorites & more
- 39:45 – What you will learn about the world after taking a ski trip
Listener Exclusive Amenities
Upgrade at time of booking, subject to availability
A daily breakfast credit up to US $60 per bedroom, per night
$100 USD equivalent Resort or Hotel credit to be utilized during stay, applicable towards food & beverage, spa services, or activities and rentals in Compass Sports. (not combinable, not valid on room rate, no cash value if not redeemed in full)
Early Check-In / Late Check-Out, subject to availability