Silversands Grenada | GM, Narelle McDougal
My guest today is Narelle McDougal, GM of Silversands Grenada.
Silversands was the first luxury hotel to be built on the spice island of Grenada in over 25 years. It is the antithesis to stuffy luxury set far away from the locals and boring properties that all start to look the same… and just might be the most photogenic resort in the Windward Islands.
Here you can swim the longest pool in the Caribbean, walk 3 minutes down the way to a hopping beach bar, have fresh grown produce in a breezy restaurant, and lime your time away basking in the Grenadian sun.
Narelle has been behind some of the most iconic hotels in the Maldives and Southeast Asia, but found herself here – on this tiny island in the Caribbean – drawn by the spirit of the people. We discuss what makes Grenada so special and some fantastic insider details about the hotel.
Listen to hear:
- 02:16 – About Narelle’s favorite spot on the property
- 04:11 – What makes Grenada a standout destination
- 07:30 – About Grenadian culture
- 10:26 – A behind the scenes detail about dancing
- 14:17 – How the private and public world spontaneously merge at Silversands
- 17:17 – The story behind the longest pool in the Caribbean
- 19:56 – More about the amazing rooms and villas on property
- 22:40 – About the activities you can experience while visiting
- 23:52 – How the Silversands team creates its unique vibe
- 26:41 – About a unique spa treatment
- 28:11 – What you will learn about the world and humanity after visiting Silversands
Listener Exclusive Amenities
Upgrade at time of booking, subject to availability (not applicable on suites and villas)
Daily Full Breakfast
$100 USD equivalent Resort or Hotel credit to be utilized during stay (not combinable, not valid on room rate, no cash value if not redeemed in full)
A Special Welcome Amenity
$20 off first Spa treatment
Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability