Seabourn Expeditions | VP Robin West
August 02, 2021
Our guest today is Robin West, Vice President and GM of Seabourn Expeditions – one of the first ultra-luxury companies to dive into expedition cruising.
Whether you find yourself in a state-of-the-art submarine, basking in the Northern Lights, enjoying a gourmet meal onboard, exploring the untouched coastlines of Greenland, or indulging in a world-class spa treatment – you’ll be unmistakably Seabourn.
Robin and I discuss how Seabourn’s new expedition ships were custom made for this unique type of travel, some of his favorite wildlife moments, and how expedition travel can awaken your curiosity and increase your sense of meaning.
Listen to hear:
- 02:02 – About Robin’s favorite view on and from the ships
- 06:57 – What sets Seabourn apart from the other cruises
- 16:38 – How his life journey led him to plan expeditions for Seabourn
- 21:01 – Why you should go on a cruise with them
- 26:01 – About the most remote and least visited destination
- 29:14 – What the insider tip about a ship that cannot be found online is
- 31:12 – How you should choose the best time for submarines
- 36:39 – What kind of activities do they offer
- 38:27 – How the guides create interesting stories for the guests
- 42:00 – Will there be Seabourn space expeditions in the future
- 44:43 – About Robin’s favorite wildlife experience
- 46:06 – What you will learn about the world after traveling with Seabourn Expeditions