Scotland | Expert Panel
Today we’re whisking you away to Scotland, the land of castles, whiskey, and tartan. But there’s more to experience here than just the typical stereotypes. Whether you’re coming for magnificent neolithic ruins, to cycle across the country, or to revel in some of the most authentic festivals you’ll find anywhere in the world – Scotland has something for everyone.
Our guests today are Paul Easto and Stevie Christie – experts of course on Scotland, but also on active adventures around the country like kayaking, hiking, and cycling.
We dive into so many insider tips in this episode, from the evolution of Scottish food, to the history of the Scottish Clan, to exploring the thousands of Scottish islands by kayak… and everything in between.
Listen to hear:
- 02:18 – About Stevie’s and Paul’s views on Scotland
- 03:36 – What the biggest myth about Scotland is
- 04:54 – How the areas and the micro cultures differentiate from each other
- 08:04 – Why you should visit off the beaten paths, and insider tips
- 11:43 – About the history of Scotland, the locations around it, and its influence
- 16:42 – What characterizes Scottish food and festivals
- 21:45 – Why you should consider active travel in Scotland
- 25:48 – How Scotland can be experienced through kayaking
- 27:46 – About some cool ungooglable experiences
- 32:43 – What the authentic winter themes here are
- 36:54 – About a few special memories from past guests
- 41:51 – How Stevie’s & Paul’s favorites can be a part of your visit
- 47:17 – What you will learn about the world after visiting Scotland
Listener Exclusive Amenities
A day of guided cycling/e-biking/walking with Stevie & Paul