Scotland | The Gleneagles Hotel
Today we travel to a very special corner of the world, called Gleneagles. Set amongst lush, green, Scottish countryside in the shadow of Stirling Castle, Gleneagles drips with history, elegance, and flair.
Over the last one hundred years this estate has hosted Presidents, Lords, celebrities, Wimbledon champs, and of course the everyday luxury traveler like you and me. Whether you are visiting for rest and relaxation, to experience the falconry and gundog school, or to dine at the best restaurant in Scotland – Gleneagles has something for you.
Our guest today is Conor O’Leary, Managing Director of all of Gleneagles’ operations across Scotland. He tells us about the beautiful countryside, some fun stories of past guests, and what you can expect from a visit.
Listen to hear:
- 01:54 – About Conor’s favorite view from the property
- 03:06 – What the best reason to come to Scotland is
- 05:17 – Why the Scottish culture is so unique
- 06:11 – How the property evolved over the past 100 years
- 07:08 – Which public figures and events were hosted here
- 10:11 – About the hidden details, secrets, and a few ghost stories
- 12:00 – How they manage the property in all its grandeur
- 13:34 – What type of activities is Gleneagles famous for
- 17:01 – Who is the past guest that left a special memory
- 19:18 – How the team behind Gleneagles remains superb
- 20:20 – About Conor’s favorite choices in Scotland, and on the property
- 24:06 – What you will learn about the world after visiting The Gleneagles Hotel
Listener Exclusive Amenities
Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
Daily full breakfast for two guests per bedroom
$100USD equivalent Food & Beverage credit utilized during stay (excludes Restaurant Andrew Fairlie and In Room Dining, not combinable, not valid on room rate, no cash value if not redeemed in full)
Early Check-In / Late Check-Out, subject to availability