Santa Fe | The Inn of The Five Graces
Today we’re making our way to one of my favorite cities in the US, Santa Fe, New Mexico. It’s a magical place that inspires creativity, slowing down, and taking a breath.
Joining me to chat all things Santa Fe are brothers Isaiah and Sharif Seret. The Seret family founded, owns, and runs The Inn of the Five Graces, often thought of as one of the best hotels in America. The Inn is so special and boutique, and the service so bespoke that it’s almost hard to refer to it as a hotel.
The brothers and I chat about the different eras in Santa Fe’s history, how a bohemian art scene set down roots here in the 60s and 70s, and about their fascinating family history that took them from New York, to pre-revolution era Afghanistan, to finding their true home in the high desert of New Mexico.
Listen to hear:
- 02:24 – What our guests’ favorite spot on the property is
- 03:38 – About their family’s fascinating journey
- 08:44 – How Santa Fe was perceived in the 70s and the early 80s
- 13:46 – Why it was interesting growing up here
- 15:50 – What the most interesting era of the Santa Fe history is
- 17:42 – Who their favorite historical character who’s lived in the city is
- 19:14 – About the current art scene and the New Mexican culture
- 25:34 – What the meaning behind The Inn of The Five Graces is
- 26:57 – About the history of the property and its design
- 34:39 – Which activities can visitors have here
- 37:09 – How can people learn and experience Native American cultures
- 40:43 – Why they have a memory of a past guest
- 42:15 – About their favorite choices
- 44:46 – What you will learn about the world and humanity after visiting Santa Fe
Listener Exclusive Amenities
Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
Daily Breakfast for up to two guests per bedroom
$100 USD equivalent Resort or Hotel credit to be utilized during stay (not combinable, not valid on room rate, no cash value if not redeemed in full)
Early Check-In / Late Check-Out, subject to availability