Rwanda | One & Only + Volcanoes National Park
We’re taking you on a journey today to the inspirational country of Rwanda. While not often first on the list of most travelers, those who make it here are absolutely captivated by the people, who have rebuilt their lives and their country so authentically.
After a warm welcome, visitors to this nook of Africa will then be further blown away by likely the most impactful wildlife experience of their lives – sitting face to face with an endangered Mountain Gorilla.
Today we have two very special guests, Craig Storkey who runs One & Only Rwanda, and Propser Uwingeli who is the Chief Park Warden of Volcanos National Park.
Prosper and Craig both share their love of Rwanda, how and why conservation is thriving in the country, and some incredible experiences with the amazing Great Apes.
Listen to hear:
- 03:28 – How Prosper fell in love with gorillas and conservation
- 04:51 – What drew Craig to Rwanda
- 07:03 – Why travelers should come and visit the country
- 08:57 – What is so special about Rwanda and its people
- 11:48 – How the country has changed since 1990
- 13:56 – What the best time to visit Africa is
- 15:21 – About the uniqueness of the Nyungwe house area
- 24:06 – How the permitting system serves the Gorilla Trek
- 27:59 – What the craziest guerrilla experience they had is
- 31:48 – Why hiking to see the gorilla is a magical feeling
- 34:11 – How you can experience seeing the chimpanzees
- 36:14 – About their favorite choices in Rwanda
- 46:31 – What the most uniquely Rwandan trait is
- 52:07 – What you will learn about the world after visiting Rwanda
Listener Exclusive Amenities
Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
Daily Full Breakfast (included in rates)
During a guests stay at the property they are given 2 complimentary activities per person, per day
$100 USD equivalent Resort/Hotel credit to be utilized during stay (not combinable, not valid on room rate, no cash value if not redeemed in full)
Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability