Russia | Greg Tepper
There’s a saying in Russian… Better to have 100 friends than 100 rubles. And until I spoke with today’s guest – I didn’t truly understand the depth of meaning in that statement.
Here to discuss the country of Russia with me is Greg Tepper. Greg has spent the last 30 years opening the eyes of visitors to one of Russia’s best kept secrets – the warmth of the Russian people once you’re part of their inner circle. Greg explains how the typical stereotypes of Russians are only surface level, and how, with the right connections – you can dig deeper.
You might be expecting scenes of the Red Square, Summer Palaces, the Russian Imperial Family, and Faberge Eggs when planning a trip to Russia – but it’s meeting actual Russians that will help you to understand the world, and yourself just a little bit better. And insider tip – you can’t do that without an expert at your side.
Greg and I discuss everything from the Trans Siberian Railway to how to chase your vodka; from ultra exclusive experiences to Russian comfort food.
Listen to hear:
- 02:16 – About Greg’s favorite view on Russia
- 04:48 – How the Russian history evolved
- 07:10 – Why he chose Russia as his favorite destination
- 09:29 – How he plunged into the hospitality industry
- 12:39 – Why luxury travelers should have Russia on the top of their lists
- 15:28 – What some behind the scenes stories are
- 20:26 – About the meaning of a Dacha
- 22:23 – How to explore Russia by train
- 24:32 – What is unique to the Russian culture
- 34:10 – About Greg’s favorite activities in the country
- 44:10 – What you will learn about the world after visiting Russia
Listener Exclusive Amenities
A dinner for two in any of the destinations with a 3 night stay or longer (where you’re booking the hotel).