Romania | Raluca Spiac
Today we’re visiting the most bio geographically diverse country in the European Union to explore dazzling waterfalls, UNESCO protected medieval villages, snow capped mountains, and sandy black sea beaches.
But you may have never heard of these treasures as they are all hidden in plain sight, behind the large as life myth of Bram Stoker’s Dracula.
Romania is a country not of vampires and werewolves, but of resilient people living amongst some of the most spectacular natural beauty on the continent. Our guest today is one of these people – Raluca Spiac, who after a successful business career abroad, came home to rediscover her own country and share it with the world.
We discuss everything from the Danube Delta, to Prince Charles, to slow travel, and more.
Listen to hear:
- 02:04 – About Raluca’s favorite spot in the country
- 03:29 – How she decided to make a shift in her career
- 05:35 – What the biggest myth about Romania is
- 06:44 – About the positive aspects from Romania’s dark times
- 08:49 – Why you should put Romania at the top of your list
- 10:49 – What Raluca’s favorite Romanian historical character is
- 14:25 – How you can go beyond Dracula
- 19:08 – Why traveling a country like Romania is a unique experience
- 22:16 – What the activities Romania has to offer are
- 23:21 – How Raluca takes delight in organizing special memories for guests
- 33:07 – About her favorite choices in Romania
- 36:53 – What you will learn about the world after visiting Romania
Listener Exclusive Amenities
A welcome pack with homemade goodies and traditional souvenirs
Limited edition of a photo album about Romanian traditions signed by the photographer