Ranch at Rock Creek | Owner, Jim Manley
My guest today is a bit of a renaissance man. Jim Manley is the Chairman of Atlantic Pacific Capital… and also the VERY hands on owner of one of the top properties in all of the United States – The Ranch at Rock Creek.
Located in a hidden valley, nestled against a sparkling clear creek, in the heart of Western Montana, Ranch at Rock Creek is the only Forbes 5 Star guest ranch in the world.
Whether you spend your days fly fishing, horseback riding, sipping whiskey in the Silver Dollar Saloon, or relaxing in the spa – one thing is clear. Ranch at Rock Creek is a place where you can get away from it all, connect with those around you, and get back in touch with your inner child.
Jim and I discuss how his childhood dream led to this magical experience, how Montana is the “last best place,” and why America’s most expensive hotel is worth the price tag.
Listen to hear:
- 02:01 – About Jim’s favorite view from the property
- 02:53 – What inspired him to start his own ranch
- 06:45 – How the kid inside you comes alive on the ranch
- 10:10 – Why he created the ranch as a high-end luxurious property
- 11:09 – About the feeling of home in the wilderness
- 15:54 – How the song “Tiny Dancer” is connected to the ranch
- 18:31 – Why the experience is worth the price tag
- 24:54 – What you will learn about the world after visiting Ranch at Rock Creek
Listener Exclusive Amenities
Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
Daily Full breakfast for two guests per bedroom served in restaurant at Blue Canteen (included in rates)
Hydro Flask water bottles for two guests per stay
$100 Ranch Credit once during stay, applicable towards Spa treatments, Mercantile, or Reserve Wine List
Early Check-In / Late Check-Out, subject to availability
A private wine or beer tasting for two guests ages 21 or older