Puglia | Borgo Egnazia
While visiting Puglia, you might feel like you’re stepping back into the Italy seen in the movies of the 50s and 60s. You’ll stroll through charming villages, meet locals who still do things the traditional way, sample ultra fresh burrata cheese and olive oil, and of course enjoy the gorgeous waters of the Adriatic.
Our guest today is Aldo Melpignano, owner and managing director of the famed Borgo Egnazia hotel and several other spots in his family’s collection.
Aldo and I discuss how finding these hidden gems of Italy is not only exciting, but also is an important link in promoting sustainable tourism. We also hear all about his gorgeous property, some celebrity stories, and insider tips as well.
- 02:14 – About Aldo’s favorite view from the property
- 03:04 – What the history behind the region is
- 06:24 – Why you should consider Puglia for your next trip
- 08:21 – How to best experience beach time
- 10:31 – About the genuine cuisine in Puglia
- 12:29 – What made his family show their region to the world, and the stories from Aldo’s childhood
- 19:11 – Why tradition meets innovation at the property
- 24:41 – How you can experience the activities Puglia has to offer
- 26:01 – How he and his team go above and beyond for their guests
- 29:14 – About Aldo’s favorite choices in Puglia, and on the property
- 37:02 – What you will learn about the world after visiting Puglia
Listener Exclusive Amenities
Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
Daily a la carte breakfast for two guests per bedroom (may be buffet, if restrictions allow)
$100 USD equivalent Food & Beverage credit to be utilized during stay (Excludes Due Camini restaurant, mini-bar, and alcohol. Not combinable, not valid on room rate, no cash value if not redeemed in full)
Early Check-In / Late Check-Out, subject to availability
Complimentary cocktail featuring their Egnazia Vermouth Rosso
Complimentary 15 minutes massage in their Vair Spa