Psychedelics Travel | Medicine Journeys in a Luxury Setting
If you’ve been paying attention to the mental health and wellness space, you know that psychedelics have burst onto the scene in a big way. Major universities like Johns Hopkins, Yale, and Berkeley are studying their effects on PTSD, anxiety, depression, and more.
Many guides and shamans in this space describe the use of psilocybin, MDMA, and other substances together with integrative therapy sessions to be equivalent to years and years of traditional therapy.
And now, these plant medicine journeys are making their mark on luxury wellness travel.
My guests today are Robert Grover and Gary Logan who provide private luxury retreats and create profound experiences for clients.
We discuss their experience with these medicines, their guiding philosophies, and how they orchestrate a comfortable luxury setting. For more accessible information on the science of psychedelics I can also highly recommend the Michael Pollan interview on The Tim Ferris Show.
Last but not least, though the substances discussed in this episode are showing great promise in the clinical studies, they are not legal in the United States and many other countries. Luxury Travel Insider and I are not condoning any illegal activity.
Listen to hear:
- 02:33 – About Rob’s first plant based medicine journey
- 04:20 – What is a plant medicine based journey, and its purpose
- 06:06 – How Rob and Gary structure the process
- 08:54 – What the historical uses of psychedelics were
- 10:32 – Who the historical figures who went through the journey of a plant medicine are
- 11:50 – About the types of experiences, and how they differ
- 15:10 – What the benefits that people have got out of them are
- 18:08 – How Gary and Rob made the leap from the corporate into the spiritual world
- 24:07 – Why you should consider taking this type of journey
- 26:19 – What their favorite memory of a past guest is
- 31:32 – About their favorite choices and experiences
- 36:24 – What you will learn about the world and humanity after taking this journey with them