Private Air Travel | Luxaviation UK
Today we’re talking about the glamorous world of private aviation – from the history of air travel since the 60s, to how the industry is focusing on sustainability, to the different uses of this type of air travel.
My guest today is George Galanopulos, the CEO of Luxaviation UK, an operator managing over 200 aircraft for all kinds of private air travel.
George tells personal stories of how he would pilot their first aircraft when the company was a startup, some crazy requests they’ve gotten from guests on board through the years, and some touching stories of how private air has helped families in need.
Listen to hear:
- 01:50 – About George’s surroundings in his favorite aircraft
- 02:22 – How the market for private flying evolved
- 08:29 – What major shifts this type of travel has experienced so far
- 09:53 – How due to the pandemic their business has changed
- 13:31 – What the trends in private flying are
- 15:07 – Why the new generation is impacting the market
- 17:15 – How sustainability is possible with private air travel
- 23:58 – What would a “day in the life” of one of Luxaviation UK jets and crew look like
- 26:35 – About the pros and cons of private aviation
- 33:30 – How they deliver the craziest requests for on board experiences
- 36:41 – Why he has a special memory of a past guest
- 38:41 – About George’s favorite choices in private air travel
- 42:35 – What you will learn about the world by flying with Luxaviation UK