Philippines | Amanpulo
My guest today is Audeline Witjaksono, the Regional Director for several Aman hotels in Asia, as well as GM of Amanpulo in the Philippines.
Just speaking with Audeline and soaking up the vibes from her location calmed me and brought my always on the go energy down a couple notches… so imagine actually being there!
Amanpulo is set on a far flung private island, nestled in the western part of the Philippines, yet it is surprisingly easy to get to from Manilla. And while you’d expect (and get!) powder fine sand, crystal clear turquoise waters, and warm ocean breezes… you’ll also experience a deep sense of place, Filipino hospitality, adventure sports, wildlife, and more.
Audeline and I chat about kite boarding, the culture of the Philippines, respecting nature, and of course the world class Aman service.
Listen to hear:
- 02:39 – About Audeline’s favorite view from the property
- 05:03 – Why people should have the Philippines on their travel wish list
- 07:56 – How the regions differ from one another
- 09:52 – What is unique to the Filipino culture
- 13:56 – How the vision for Amanpulo evolved
- 18:49 – About the authentic features of the resort
- 25:27 – What you can expect from your guest experience here
- 29:04 – Why the resort offers a great range of activities
- 31:59 – How they provide over the top experiences
- 37:32 – About Audeline’s favorite choices in the country
- 41:13 – What you will learn about the world after visiting Amanpulo in the Philippines
Listener Exclusive Amenities
Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
Daily Continental breakfast for up to two guests per bedroom, served at the Clubhouse, Beachclub/Lagoon Club or Private Dining
$100 USD equivalent Food & Beverage credit to be utilized during stay (not combinable, not valid on room rate, no cash value if not redeemed in full)
Early Check-In / Late Check-Out, subject to availability
Complimentary cocktail featuring their very own Amanpulo Farm Gin for two
Complimentary Amihan or Habagat beer of the guest’s choice