Oman | Taimur Al-said
I’m excited to take you to one of my favorite countries today, the Sultanate of Oman.
Located on the edge of the Arabian Peninsula, this hidden gem boasts rugged mountain ranges bursting with roses, terraced orchards of pomegranates, vast sand dune deserts, and date palm fringed oases dotted with crystal clear limestone pools of water.
One of the best ways to experience Oman is by camping and spending time with a local guide. So our guest today is Taimur Al-said, the owner of Hud Hud Travels. Taimur specializes in luxury camp set ups so that whether you’re a couple or a big family or a huge group of friends – you can have this experience in comfort.
We discuss everything from the Sultan, to trying Omani food streetside, to the gorgeous natural beauty of the countryside.
Listen to hear:
- 02:03 – What Taimur’s favorite view in Oman is
- 03:00 – Why you should visit Oman
- 04:34 – About the different regions and Omani culture
- 09:07 – What the relationship between the Omanis and the Sultan is
- 11:25 – About the trends and the ungoogleable experiences here
- 18:50 – What the best way to experience Omani culture is
- 23:16 – How a past guest left a special memory with him
- 24:55 – About Taimur’s local favorites
- 29:47 – What you will learn about the world after visiting Oman
Listener Exclusive Amenities
A snorkeling trip to the Damaniyat islands