NoteWorthy | Owner, Nicola Butler
Today we’re discussing the British Isles – known for the pomp and circumstance of the British Royals, fascinating wartime history, and beautiful landscapes and villages so cute you could pinch them! The magic of the UK (England, Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland), Ireland and France isn’t in finding something new (it’s all, in fact, very OLD) but in discovering it in new ways and unpeeling those onion layers.
Our guest today is my friend Nicola Butler, who… in the travel world… is pretty famous for the crazy behind the scenes experiences she can organize for select clients. Nic is recognized by Travel and Leisure and Conde Nast for being one of the foremost experts in insider travel to Britain, Ireland, and France.
Nic and I discuss her favorite exclusive experiences, some crazy traveler stories, and how even her parents get involved to make sure our travelers have a truly authentic experience.
Listen to hear:
- 02:10 – About Nicola’s favorite view in the UK
- 04:04 – How Nicola’s journey brought her to NoteWorthy
- 06:11 – About bucket list spots not mentioned in the guidebooks
- 08:39 – Why experiencing the country like a local is NoteWorthy’s specialty
- 11:11 – What some exclusive experiences we can organize in London
- 13:18 – How Nicola’s connections allow her to arrange meet and greets with prominent people
- 16:06 – How Nicola surprised a guest with front row seats to the royal wedding
- 19:41 – What Nicola’s favorite historical monument is
- 20:31 – How you can visit the inside of Downton Abbey, aka Highclere Castle
- 21:44 – About her choice between Scotland vs. Ireland
- 23:37 – What you will learn about the world after visiting the UK
Listener Exclusive Amenities
Lunch hosted with Nicola Butler, the owner of NoteWorthy, and a local expert (eg. Director of the Guards Museum, Royal Biographer.)