Nicaragua | Expert Panel
Today we’re visiting a country that I think is truly under-appreciated. A tropical paradise dotted with volcanoes, this destination is easy to get to and boasts amazing wildlife, interesting culture, and lots of active adventures.
Joining me to chat all things Nicaragua are three experts in the region. Clark Kotula, who studied Nicaraguan politics and history and is also my partner in the region; Vera Bonilla from Rancho Santana on the Pacific Coast, and Adriana Beer from Yemaya Reefs on Little Corn Island in the Caribbean.
The four of us chat in depth about our love for this country, dispel some myths about the safety of visiting, and dive deep into the culture and amazing experiences like sandboarding, surfing, and climbing volcanoes.
Listen to hear:
- 02:08 – About their favorite spot in the country
- 03:32 – Why more travelers should visit Nicaragua
- 05:02 – How Nicaragua is layered by regions
- 07:36 – What caused the perception of Nicaragua being unsafe
- 12:15 – How you can reach the country from the US
- 16:11 – What differs the people here from the other Central American countries
- 22:12 – How the landscape of the country influenced the culture and the people
- 26:58 – About the stories of building the properties
- 30:09 – What some of the their chosen activities for guests are
- 34:09 – How they have favorite memories of past guests
- 40:53 – About their recommendations in the country
- 46:02 – What you will learn about the world and humanity after visiting Nicaragua
Listener Exclusive Amenities
Complimentary 50 min wellness massage for up to 2 guests at The Spa in El Bosque