New Zealand | Robertson Lodges
I’m thrilled to take you back to New Zealand today, the home of the worlds most magnificent landscapes, the cuddliest kiwi birds, and heart-pumping adventure activities.
Specifically we’re learning about some of the country’s top luxury lodges – Kauri Cliffs and Cape Kidnappers on the North Island and Matakauri near Queenstown. Whether you’re helicoptering to an alpine lake for a special picnic, exploring the Cliffs of Hawks Bay by can-am, or golfing one of the top 100 golf courses in the world – you will surely be wowed at every turn.
Joining us is Jay Robertson, CEO of Robertson Lodges. We discuss everything from conservation, to fly fishing, to the local can-do culture.
Listen to hear:
- 01:59 – About Jay’s favorite spot on the property
- 03:15 – What makes New Zealand a WOW place
- 04:38 – Where you should stay
- 06:16 – Why the wine culture is important there
- 07:09 – How New Zealand’s culture differs from the other countries
- 08:12 – How did they go from sheep farm to lodges
- 11:51 – Why a lodge is a unique experience
- 13:35 – About the details from behind the scenes, and other interesting stories
- 17:21 – What some unique things about the golf courses are
- 20:19 – How the offered activities are suitable for everyone
- 25:09 – How the indigenous culture is reflected in everyday life
- 27:33 – About Jay’s favorite activities
- 33:03 – What you will learn about the world after visiting Robertson Lodges
Listener Exclusive Amenities
A complimentary 4wd property tour of Kauri Cliffs or Cape Kidnappers, and
At Matakauri Lodge a gorgeous bottle of Central Otago Pinot Noir in your room on arrival for enjoyment during your stay, or to pack and take home with you.