Necker Island | GM, Keny Jones
Our guest today is Kenton Jones, the General Manager of Sir Richard Branson’s islands in the BVIs which include Necker Island.
Richard Branson purchased the deserted island in the late 70s. Over the next several years he built a personal retreat on the island which truly became a family home. Ideas like Virgin Galactic were born here, along with gatherings of some of the greatest humanitarians in the world like Kofi Anan and Nelson Mandela.
Today Necker Island can be rented by luxury travelers as a getaway, entrepreneurial groups, wedding parties, or companies. It’s a place where the magic, the history of who’s come before, and the gorgeous surroundings play together to truly inspire new ideas and ways of thinking.
Keny and I chat about how he first met Richard, some incredible stories of past guests, and what it’s like working with one of the world’s most brilliant entrepreneurs.
Listen to hear:
- 02:03 – What Keny’s favorite spot on the property is
- 03:50 – About his journey from sports instructor to GM of Necker Island
- 06:21 – How Sir Richard Branson was Keny’s first kite-boarding student on the island
- 07:56 – What makes Necker island one of a kind
- 09:58 – How people find inspiration on property and choose their own adventure
- 12:34 – The exciting story behind the Temple House
- 13:47 – How luxury is connected to energy
- 17:24 – About the variety of exotic activities you can enjoy on property
- 22:02 – The unique origin story of the pink flamingos on Necker Island
- 24:46 – The impact Sir Richard Branson has had on Keny and on the island
- 26:39 – What you will learn about the world after visiting Necker Island
Listener Exclusive Amenities
A signed copy of Sir Richard Branson’s book
Daily full breakfast
Two complimentary one hour massages (applies to lead couple only). Valid for adults 16 years or older.
Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability