MORE Family Collection | Owner, Robert More
Today we’re headed to South Africa and Zimbabwe to speak with Robert More, the founder and owner of the MORE Family Collection. Robert’s collection includes famous safari lodges like Lion Sands and Marataba, city hotels like Cape Cadogan, and now two boutiques near Victoria Falls.
Robert tells stories of growing up on the land, camping with friends, close calls with crocodiles, and community ties. It was these memories that inspired some amazing guest experiences like romantic treehouse accommodations in the bush.
Being family owned and purpose driven, Robert views himself more as a steward of the land, with a responsibility to provide opportunities for those in his community and a thriving environment for the wildlife.
We discuss growing up in the bush, stories of love and loss, and the special energy of Victoria Falls.
Listen to hear:
- 01:58 – About Robert’s favorite view on the property
- 03:29 – What South Africa offers to its visitors
- 05:54 – Why he set his collection across the specific locations in South Africa
- 08:28 – About the journey of his family to the property
- 10:38 – What inspired him to dive into the hospitality business
- 13:13 – How Robert is involving the local community
- 16:28 – About some behind the scene stories
- 22:34 – What is the Mack & Madi family adventure
- 26:37 – How a memory of a past guest holds a special place in his heart
- 28:22 – About an inspiring story of a frontline staff member
- 31:13 – What is the outline of the property in Cape Town
- 34:23 – About Robert’s favorite coffee rituals and locations
- 38:16 – What you will learn about the world after visiting South Africa
Listener Exclusive Amenities
Lion Sands River Lodge: A 30 minute Aroma Bush Massage, plus a room upgrade (subject to availability)
Lion Sands Tinga Lodge: A 30 minute Aroma Bush Massage
Lion Sands Narina Lodge: A 30 minute Aroma Bush Massage
Lion Sands Ivory Lodge: A 60 minute spa treatment (massage), plus 50% off a night in one of our Treehouses