Mongolia | Undraa Buyannemekh
Today we’re discussing the country of Mongolia, and all the riches it has to offer. This is a place where “the big picture gets bigger.” The home of snow leopards, wild horses, the hypnotic dunes of the silk road, and of course the warm hospitality of the Mongolian people.
My guest today is my partner in the region, Undraa Buyannemekh. Her passion for bringing the experience of Mongolia to life is contagious. We discuss everything from misconceptions about the country, to differing concepts of wealth across the world, to creating experiences that can broaden your perspective.
Whether you’ve been to Mongolia or you’re just curious about it, this episode is sure to teach you something new.
Thank you to our sponsor for this episode, Cozy Earth.
Listen to hear:
- 02:05 – About Undraa’s favorite spot in Mongolia
- 03:38 – How was it for her growing up here
- 09:01 – Why she has a rich educational background and experience
- 12:30 – About the layout of Mongolia by regions
- 16:26 – What lies behind the Mongolian empire
- 22:27 – Why you should visit the country
- 24:04 – What adventures you can experience here
- 31:18 – How the Mongolian cuisine differs from the others
- 36:22 – What makes Three Camel Lodge, in the Gobi, a special gem
- 37:18 – What her most special memory of a past guest is
- 39:50 – About Undraa’s favorite choices in the country
- 42:11 – What you will learn about the world by visiting Mongolia
Listener Exclusive Amenities
“Genghis Khan and Making of the Modern World” signed by Jack Weatherford, the author, if you book a trip to Mongolia with Nomadic Expeditions by Dec 31, 2023.