Malta | Damon Allan
Today we’re discussing the historical destination of Malta. This small chain of islands in the Mediterranean Sea has been smack dab in the middle of African, Arab, and European conquests for over 7,000 years.
If the word Malta conjures up cute white puppies and James Bond like movie scenes, I think you’ll find that’s not quite the truth.
Our guest today is Damon Camilleri Allan, our partner in planning trips to this island nation. We discuss everything from village feasts, to The Order of Malta, to the interesting melting pot that is the Maltese culture.
Listen to hear:
- 01:58 – About Damon’s favorite view in Malta
- 03:03 – What inspired him to show off his country to travelers
- 04:28 – How different civilizations have influenced the culture of Malta
- 06:00 – Why the destination is not, but should be, more known
- 09:51 – What myth most people believe about Malta
- 11:02 – How Malta differs from other Mediterranean countries
- 14:15 – About the trends in Malta
- 17:46 – How can the country be experienced at its best
- 22:55 – About Damon’s favorite adventures and picks in the county
- 26:52 – What you will learn about the world by visiting Malta
Listener Exclusive Amenities
Special one of a kind welcome amenity chosen specifically for you
Complimentary drinks at Exclusively Malta’s favorite village bar