Luxury Living | Darcy Guttwein
Today we’re mixing things up a bit to hear how you can bring the luxury hotel experience into your own home.
Darcy Guttwein has spent two decades building a lifestyle concept she calls Hotels to Home. She’s traveled the world taking inspiration from luxury hospitality brands and figured out a way to incorporate many of the aspects that you love about traveling into the everyday.
Darcy and I discuss simple and affordable “hacks” to creating this lifestyle, all the way to elaborate and elegant changes that can be made to the home.
Listen to hear:
- 02:05 – What Darcy’s favorite spot at home is
- 05:01 – What inspired her to specialize in this
- 07:10 – How she defines luxury in life and at home
- 12:34 – Why all of us can practice luxury design at home
- 15:23 – About the changes she’d make in a home design as a starting point
- 18:09 – What the “Happiness List” is
- 20:26 – About the most important structural change to get that luxury lifestyle feel
- 22:20 – How to make the kitchen feel less like a work space, and more like something luxurious
- 25:15 – About a few tips & trick on elevating the backyard
- 27:22 – What her favorite household products are
- 29:16 – Why you can have a hotel sleep experience at home
- 31:26 – How you can make the most affordable change in your own home
- 32:35 – Abut Darcy’s preferences on luxury living
- 35:33 – What you will learn about yourself while transforming your home