Lux Adventure Travel | Ian Wick
Today we’re traveling the globe searching for unexpected experiences, off the grid lodges, and truly customized adventure activities. One of my favorite places to look for this unique combo is to my friends at Eleven Experience.
With Eleven you don’t have to sacrifice the comforts of luxury to experience some of the world’s most breathtaking landscapes and unique cultures. With lodges in remote parts of Patagonia, New Zealand, Iceland, France, the Bahamas, and the US – they’ve got your adventure needs covered.
My guest today is Ian Wick, who runs the operations for Eleven. We chat about everything from the best powder skiing, to fly fishing in Patagonia, to geothermal heated pools in Iceland. But more importantly – we explore the idea that true luxury is customization, authentic experiences, and going where others do not.
Listen to hear:
- 01:54 – About Ian’s favorite view from his surroundings
- 05:40 – What unifies all the destinations
- 08:54 – About the Colorado experience, their way
- 12:39 – What sets the New Zealand lodge apart
- 14:09 – Why the adventure community is one of a kind
- 15:46 – How they manage a mix of sport enthusiasts
- 18:18 – What the common thread behind the design of all the lodges is
- 20:24 – About an interesting story from a past guest
- 23:01 – What type of experiences can the guests enjoy
- 23:58 – About Ian’s favorite cuisine, and more
- 27:37 – Which activities he recommends as authentic
- 32:28 – Who the person that goes above and beyond is
- 33:39 – What you will learn about the world after meeting Eleven Experience