Lindblad Expeditions | Founder & CEO,
Our guest today is Sven Lindblad, Founder and CEO of Lindblad Expeditions. Lindblad is the quintessential expedition company, operating 15 ships around the world and in partnership with National Geographic.
If you ever fancied yourself exploring Antarctica, visiting “off the tourist track” fjords in Alaska, diving in the Galapagos with sea lions, or poking around uninhabited islands of the UK, Japan, or the Med – Lindblad Expeditions is your jam.
Exploring with Lindblad means authentic, close-up experiences in some of the wildest, most remote places on the planet. But it also means luxury, comfort, ease, and learning. Your expedition leaders are the cream of the crop scientists, renowned experts, and National Geographic photographers.
You have never seen the world like this.
Sven and I discuss the age of exploration, some crazy adventures on Antarctica, the Russian Far East, Alaska, and more.
Listen to hear:
- 02:04 – About Sven’s view from his favorite ship
- 02:56 – What his vision was when starting Lindblad Expeditions
- 06:07 – How the alliance with National Geographic enhances guest experience
- 09:13 – How it felt to visit Lindblad Cove for the first time
- 11:05 – Why Japan is a great destination to be explored by ship
- 13:07 – About the story of being the first non-Ecuadorian company to sail the Galapagos
- 23:16 – How experiencing the destinations with scientist/naturalist guides improves your trips
- 27:10 – Why a serendipitous story of a past guest is one of his favorite memories
- 31:53 – How he got over his fear of sharks
- 35:55 – What you will learn about the world after experiencing Lindblad Expeditions
Listener Exclusive Amenities
An offer of the Video Chronicle for all new bookings, this is a value of $50 per stateroom, as a brilliant memory of the expedition and new friends made.