Italy | Fulvio De Bonis
Today we’re talking about the intersection of art and travel. Understanding the art of a country, whether that be renaissance paintings, local craftsmanship, or even beautifully presented food – is a way to truly uncover the soul of a people. To paraphrase Chuck Klosterman, art and love are really the same thing: they’re about recognizing and appreciating yourself in others.
My guest today is my friend Fulvio De Bonis. Fulvio is an art historian, guide, and owner of one of the top luxury travel companies in Italy. We chat about his childhood in Rome, his philosophy that all of life is art, and some insanely special travel experiences that can get even the non-art lover excited about the subject.
Thank you to our sponsor for this episode, Covac Global.
Listen to hear:
- 02:55 – What made an impression on Fulvio in the art world
- 05:11 – About the stories from his childhood spent in the Colosseum
- 06:58 – What inspired Fulvio to start his art journey
- 08:37 – How he fell in love with travel
- 11:43 – What art has taught him about life
- 14:14 – Why he enjoys sharing his knowledge with guests
- 18:42 – What some of the ungoogleable experiences Fulvio has to offer are
- 21:55 – How he makes the guests fall in love with art
- 24:10 – About Fulvio favorite choices on art and travel
- 29:53 – What you will learn about the world by experiencing local art while traveling