Ireland | Crothúr Murphy
Today I’m whisking you away to experience the greenest of countryside, the freshest of salt air, and the purest heart of hospitality. A visit to Ireland will give you all this and much more.
My guest today is Crothúr Murphy, a long time expert not just in tourism to Ireland, but in the history, culture, and soul of its people. Crothúr grew up here and has been showing his country off for nearly 30 years – which if you can imagine, takes a whole pot of passion at the end of the rainbow to do and do well.
Crothúr and I discuss how Irish culture survived through 800 years of English rule, fairies and fairy trees, how to feel like a local, and more.
Listen to hear:
- 02:01 – About Crothúr’s favorite view in Ireland
- 05:07 – What inspired him to show his country to travelers
- 06:20 – How the regions in Ireland differ
- 11:08 – What the common myths and misconceptions about Ireland are
- 13:41 – How its history affects today’s culture
- 23:41 – Why you should visit Ireland
- 28:12 – What the best way to experience the country like a local is
- 33:54 – How he designed adventures that go beyond everyday tourism
- 40:56 – About Crothúr’s favorite choices in Ireland
- 43:27 – What you will learn about the world after visiting Ireland
Listener Exclusive Amenities
A hand-crafted item from one of Ireland’s artisan craft producers