Inn at Perry Cabin | MD, Michael Hoffmann
Our guest today is Michael Hoffmann, the Managing Director of Inn at Perry Cabin.
This slice of Americana is nestled into a cove on the Eastern shores of the Chesapeake Bay, near the historic town of St. Michaels. To get here, you cross the bay on a beautiful private yacht with the wind in your hair. By the time you arrive, your stress has melted away and you can truly enjoy this historic property.
Whether you choose to learn sailing, go crabbing, spend time golfing, or just relaxing – you’ll leave Inn at Perry Cabin with a new appreciation for the smaller things in life.
Michael and I discuss the history of Chesapeake Bay, the roaring fireplaces, a secret trap door, and a little tidbit about the movie Wedding Crashers.
Listen to hear:
- 02:03 – What Michael’s favorite spot on property is
- 03:47 – About the destination’s rich history and the circle of life
- 06:34 – Why the oyster holds a special place in Chesapeake Bay
- 08:33 – Some historical stories behind the property
- 11:47 – About St. Michael’s story, the town that fooled the British
- 15:10 – How the property is filled with variety of artifacts, tradition, and unique trinkets
- 19:31 – The fabulous Hinckley arrival experience
- 22:34 – About special activities like archery and golf in a scenic environment
- 27:23 – What you will learn about the world after visiting Inn at Perry Cabin
Listener Exclusive Amenities
Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
Daily continental breakfast served in the restaurant for two guests per bedroom
$100 USD Hotel/Resort credit to be utilized during stay (not combinable, not valid on room rate, no cash value if not redeemed in full)
Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability
A welcome beverage with the General Manager