Inkaterra | Founder, Jose Koechlin
My guest today is Jose Koechlin, the Founder and President of the iconic Inkaterra Hotels in Peru.
Jose’s life’s work has been to preserve the biodiversity of his country. Starting with media projects like movies and documentaries, Jose realized he could use public interest to fund deep and meaningful research and conservation efforts.
Whether you stay deep in the heart of the Amazon with experienced researchers, enjoy the trappings of a 16th century home of a conquistador in Cusco, or tuck into a warm soup while bird watching near Machu Picchu – you’ll be surrounded with the friendliest of staff and all the luxury amenities you’re used to.
Jose and I discuss his long term friendship with Mick Jagger, the next hotel in Inkaterra’s collection, and his deep passion for the natural world around us.
Listen to hear:
- 02:08 – What Jose’s favorite spot on the property is
- 05:02 – Why José’s life’s work integrates biodiversity & hospitality
- 08:22 – About his friendship with Mick Jagger
- 10:14 – How he won an award for his activity
- 12:02 – What destinations you can visit in Peru
- 17:28 – About the culture of Peru
- 22:24 – How he’s involved in the conservation projects
- 25:50 – Who the historical figures which stayed on the property are
- 33:15 – About some of his favorite items and traditions in Peru
- 37:24 – What you will learn about the world after visiting Inkaterra
Listener Exclusive Amenities
Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
Complimentary buffet breakfast for two daily, included in rates
A complimentary lunch or dinner for up to two people per room, once during stay, excluding alcohol, taxes and gratuities
Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability
A gift card with a value of 40$ to be used during the stay when requesting hotel services