India | Jaisal Singh & Shonali Datta
Today we’re heading to the magnificent country of India. With a full quarter of the earth’s population living in South Asia – a visit here is a must if you intend to understand the world today.
India in particular is a continent unto itself – so different from tip to top that you could spend months here and only scratch the surface.
We have two guests today, Shonali Datta – the Managing Director of Banyan Tours and Jaisal Singh – the founder and owner of Sujan – a collection of luxury wilderness camps which provide the perfect backdrop to see tigers, leopards, and reconnect with nature.
Jaisal and Shonali weigh in on intriguing new experiences, misconceptions about India, and tell some fantastic stories about tigers, temples, and traditions.
Listen to hear:
- 01:58 – About Jaisal’s view from his favorite spot on the property
- 03:33 – Why you should put India on your travel list
- 07:04 – What the interesting stories from the property are
- 09:23 – Which destinations in India are worth the hype and which are underrated
- 17:21 – About the diverse culture of India
- 22:40 – How Jaisal’s family got into the business of luxury travel
- 29:51 – About a story of an encounter with a tiger
- 35:13 – What private experiences has Shonali organized for her guests
- 40:00 – What the misconceptions about traveling to India are
- 42:17 – How to experience spirituality in India
- 44:07 – About the best way to experience India as a local
- 47:32 – What you will learn about the world after visiting India
Listener Exclusive Amenities
A $100 gift voucher per person that can be used at any hotel towards meals/bar/spa