India | Mahesh Natarajan
Today we are visiting the Himalayan region of India, birthplace of Yoga and Ayurveda, and famed location of the ashrams visited by The Beatles and in Eat Pray Love.
My guest today is Mahesh Natarajan, the COO of Ananda, a destination spa resort set in the foothills of the Himalayas. Ananda is one of those rare places where you can experience both total physical and spiritual transformation while enjoying a luxurious setting.
In addition to deep wellness and spa experiences, Ananda is also a great jumping off spot to explore the region. Mahesh and I chat about everything from the core principles of Ayurveda to art, and local culture.
Thank you to our sponsor for this episode, Covac Global.
Listen to hear:
- 02:00 – About Mahesh view from his favorite spot on the property
- 05:22 – Why this area is so special and unique
- 10:19 – What the authentic traits of this region are
- 12:52 – About the philosophy of Ayurveda
- 23:05 – What the western world doesn’t understand about Yoga
- 27:33 – How the Palace marks a long history full of stories
- 35:30 – About the Off-site activities that are offered here
- 39:25 – Why the Vedas can be a transformative experience for you
- 40:49 – How he holds a special memory of a past guest
- 44:28 – What you will learn about the world and humanity by visiting Ananda
Listener Exclusive Amenities
Upgrade at time of booking, subject to availability
Daily Breakfast for up to two guests per bedroom
A complimentary 50 minute massage for up to two people, per room, once during stay
Early Check-In / Late Check-Out, subject to availability