Holiday Special | Holiday Traditions from Italy, Scotland, and Israel
Though we may celebrate some of the same holidays across regions and countries, we all do them so differently. Understanding those differences can help us to understand each other, it adds beauty to the season, and might even give you a new destination for your wishlist.
Chatting holiday traditions with me today are Stevie Christie, of Wilderness Group in Scotland, Fulvio De Bonis CEO of Imago Artis in Italy, and Alon Siedner, CEO of Travex in Israel.
Fulvio takes us back to his childhood in Italy, Alon explains the cultural and historical context of Hanukkah in Israel, and Stevie takes us on a wild ride for Hogmanay, the New Years Eve celebration in Scotland.
What you’ll learn from this episode… is there are no strangers in the world, only friends you haven’t met yet.
So my friends, I hope you have a joyous holiday season ahead, be safe, thank you for listening!
Thank you to our sponsor for this episode, Covac Global.
Listen to hear:
- 02:10 – About our guests’ favorite memories of the holiday celebrations
- 05:23 – Why Hanukkah is different in Israel than in the States
- 08:44 – What the unique Christmas traditions in Italy are
- 11:08 – How the lights in Scotland enhance the X-mas atmosphere
- 12:36 – About the festivities that go around New Year in Tel Aviv, and Rosh Hashanah
- 14:54 – What the historical background of Hogmanay is
- 19:56 – How the New Year is celebrated in Italy
- 23:17 – Where you can find the festive Christmas markets in Scotland and Italy
- 26:23 – What our guests’ favorite memories of past clients during the holidays are
- 30:33 – About their favorite holiday choices
- 32:18 – What you will learn about the world by experiencing holidays abroad